In pairs, find these things in one of the periodicals you have
1) An author's credentials that include affiliation with a university outside the U.S.
2) A book review
3) Look at the references at the end of an article. Use the Journal Titles A-Z list and search for each article until you find one that is available full-text through CU. Print out the first page.
4) Find information in the front or back of a journal that indicates it is peer-reviewed
5) An article with an idea that is new to you and interesting.
6) In an article reporting on original research, find the methodology section.
A) An article reporting a research study using quantitative methods
B) An article reporting a research study using qualitative methods