- AKA: Original Research
- Report the results of a study/experiment.
- Details how the author(s) conducted the experiment and why.
- Relates the current study to the work of others.
- Analysis and interpretation of the data collected during the study.
- Article contains the following sections:
Methods (and Materials)
Results (with charts, graphs, etc.)
- AKA: Literature Review
- Is an analysis or summary of existing research on a specific topic.
- Reviews a collection of original research articles.
- Content is organized thematically.
- Present an overview of what has been studied.
- Does not contain the following sections: Methods, Results, Discussion