Adobe Digital Editions is software available for PC and Mac. Reads ePub format, including DRM ePubs from libraries and many bookstores.
If the eBook you have chosen to download is in use by another patron, and if your library offers Holds capabilities, you have the opportunity to place a hold on the eBook to download when it becomes available. Enter your e-mail address in the field provided and click the Place Hold button.
The eBook is placed in the Holds area of your My EBSCOhost Folder. When the eBook is available, you are notified via the e-mail address you provided and the eBook appears in the Checkouts area of your folder.
Most Castleton library EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer and transferred to a mobile device. You'll also need a My EBSCOhost account and Adobe Digital Editions (available as a free download). Castleton's EBSCO eBooks are a subscription resource. Remote viewing and downloading is only available to Castleton students, faculty and staff.
Note: Book will become inaccessible at the end of your checkout period
Many of Castleton's EBSCO eBooks can be downloaded to your computer. Here's how:
1. Click the Download (Offline) link for the eBook you would like to download.
2. Select a Checkout period from the drop-down menu and click the Checkout & Download button.
3. The eBook is added to the Checkout area of the folder, accessible from the upper-right corner of the EBSCOhost interface. If you are not logged into your My EBSCOhost folder, you are prompted to do so.
4. Select Open with or Save File from the resulting dialog box.
If you select Open with, your eBook is opened with Adobe® Digital Editions. If you select Save file, the eBook is saved to your computer and can be opened with Adobe® Digital Editions at a later time.
5. When a downloaded eBook is opened, it is displayed in Adobe® Digital Editions:
Not all of the EBSCO ebooks are available for downloading. You can limit your result list to just the downloadable eBooks. Simply select Download available under Refine your results.